1. Each promotion is subject to the specific directions and, if applicable, any terms and conditions published for the relevant promotion by Evening Standard Limited (Evening Standard) or on this Website. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in any promotion, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the relevant promotion as well as any terms and conditions of any relevant third party.
2. Employees and agents of Evening Standard or any company connected with the production or distribution of a promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Unless expressly stated for a particular promotion, promotions are restricted to residents of England and Wales aged 18 years or over. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Written parental/guardian consent is required where a promotion states that participants may be under the age of 18. Entry to any promotion is limited to one entry per person unless otherwise specified.
3. Failure to claim a gift, prize or other promotional item by the time or in the manner specified for the particular promotion will make any claim invalid. If no time is specified then you must claim a gift, prize or other promotional item within 28 days of being informed that you have won any such item. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No applications will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
4. The determination and decision of the editor of Evening Standard (the "Editor") on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence will be entered into. The Editor reserves the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on Evening Standard, this Website, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond Evening Standard’s reasonable control.
5. Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Editor reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
6. Evening Standard accepts no liability for any promotion by a third party and such third party is responsible for the fulfilment of its promotion.
7. In the event of there being more claims than prizes available in any category and subject to the provisions of rules 4 and 9, the names of the valid claimants will go into a draw for those prizes.
8. All entries (including but not limited to entries via game cards/other promotional devices) must be made available if requested for the checking or verification of any claim.
9. A promotion, or specific game cards/promotional devices, may be declared as void by the Editor if game cards/promotional devices contain a printing error, or involve a production or distribution error, of any kind. Game cards or other promotional devices found to be mutilated, illegible, altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with in any way will also be declared void by the Editor. Photocopies will not be accepted. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the promotion, appear in Evening Standard or on this Website.
10. Publicity may be given to promotion winners and winners' names and images may be aired or published on Evening Standard and on this Website and other Website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
11. Winners will be notified within 28 days of the relevant closing date and names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to the address published up to one month after the closing date.
12. No purchase of any kind is necessary for free prize draws. Follow the directions and any terms and conditions for the relevant promotion as published or aired on Evening Standard or on this Website.
13. Prizes, gifts and other promotional items are as described on Evening Standard or on this Website. Winners/claimants of holidays are responsible for ensuring that they and any partners hold valid passports and any necessary visas or other necessary travel documentation for the trip in question. Unless otherwise stated, insurance and travel to and from airports is excluded. Winners/claimants of vehicle prizes must hold valid driving licences prior to driving.